Hazrat Umar Farooq (RA), Qiam ul Lail and Reponsibilites of Khilafat in Urdu, English

The Unwavering Devotion of Hazrat Umar (RA)

Hazrat Umar Farooq (RA) quotes about Qiam ul Lail and Reponsibilites of Khilafat in Urdu, English

        Hazrat Umar bin Abdul Aziz (RA) narrated that Hazrat Umar bin al-Khattab (RA) used to become unconscious and fall down upon hearing any verse related to the standing in the night (qiyam al-layl). He would remain in this state for several days, and people would visit him as if he were sick. During his caliphate, he would neither sleep at night nor during the day. He would sometimes doze off while sitting and say, "If I sleep at night, I lose myself, and if I sleep during the day, I lose my subjects, and I will be held accountable for them."


 

Post a Comment

0 Comments